Urban Forest Hardwoods is committed to responsible business practices and promotes wood as a renewable resource. We believe in the conservation of our forestry sources and our business is grounded in these principles.
Our logs are locally sourced from trees that are dying or storm-damaged, or have been selectively harvested as a result of development.
- The average size of our logs is 24 inches in diameter.
- 80% of our lumber comes from butt logs 24" to 52" in diameter.
- All of our logs are carefully milled for grade. This means that lumber quality is the driving consideration not production targets.
- All lumber is dedusted, stickered, stacked and properly stored.
- Lumber is air-dried for 1 to 3 years.
- Lumber is precisely kiln-dried to meet customer specifications.
Urban Forest Hardwoods offers the finest species of lumber available from the urban forest of the Metropolitan Richmond area. We offer the following species in varying thicknesses and lengths:
- Red Oak
- White Oak
- Red Maple
We have many slabs to choose from. Call us to arrange a time to pick your slabs.