Urban Forest Hardwoods is committed to responsible business practices and promotes wood as a renewable resource. We believe in the conservation of our forestry sources and our business is grounded in these principles.
Our logs are locally sourced from trees that are dying or storm-damaged, or have been selectively harvested as a result of development.
- The average size of our logs is 24 inches in diameter.
- 80% of our lumber comes from butt logs 24" to 52" in diameter.
- All of our logs are carefully milled for grade. This means that lumber quality is the driving consideration not production targets.
- All lumber is dedusted, stickered, stacked and properly stored.
- Lumber is air-dried for 1 to 3 years.
- Lumber is precisely kiln-dried to meet customer specifications.
Urban Forest Hardwoods offers the finest species of hardwood lumber available from the urban forest of the Metropolitan Richmond area. We offer the following species in varying thicknesses and lengths:
- Red Oak, quartersawn red oak, wide slabs of red oak, live edge red oak
- White Oak,live edge white oak, quartersawn white oak, wide slabs of white oak upto 48" width, 12' lenght
- Walnut, live edge walnut slabs upto 40" width, 12' lenght
- Cherry, live edge slabs and crotches
- Red Maple, live edge slabs upto 50" width, 10' lenght
- Elm, 50"dia historic tree from churchhill and another from carytown.